Monday, June 30, 2014

Weekend Drive to Hundred Islands

If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.


It's the weekend and our feet is itching for a quick weekend getaway.


Our Swimmers


We had this planned but we are not sure where we are heading. I suggested Hundred Islands and after 2 hours and 30 min hours of driving thanks to TPLEX we are in Rosario, Pangasinan. We haven’t had a clue which hotel but I have a few in my list that we didn’t really check, after 6 hours hello ALAMINOS.


We stayed at Vistas de las Islas.

Photo from their FB PAGE


My mom liked it because it was cheaper and they have a pool. If we were not budget conscious I would pick Villa Antolin, it's also budget friendly but there is something about Vistas De las Islas that I didn't like. The room is average. The hotel is huge but smells humid and old. I understand it’s off season I mean its only June but I don't think the place should feel like this. Villa Antolin looks cleaner for me but we didn't stay there so I couldn't really tell. Budget for 6 persons would be 2000-2500 (OFF SEASON), depends on your haggling skills. Our room also has a tub but I didn't use it for hygienic purposes. (thanks MOM!) What's good about traveling at this season is vacation spots are not crowded and the rates are cheaper.
Big Space

Sight Seeing

Selfie before sleeping


Studious baby

Our room is average can fit 6 people.





We didn't Island Hop right away because it was a little late when we got here. We checked for restaurants in the area but we couldn't find any so dinner is at the resort. Dinner is expensive but it's okay. At least food is delicious, my sister and niece checked the pool but didn't swim because it’s not clean. It was also raining so we decided to sleep. This is such an exhausted free getaway. The next morning we were up early and headed to the restaurant. The restaurant opens at 7am and the Staff was sleeping on the floor at reception. It's okay but you would really feel uncomfortable calling their attention. 

After breakfast we paid for the boat and went on the islands!!!!


Breakfast

Hundred Islands is just in Luzon and one of the places we are all familiar with since this is tackled in Araling Panlipunan. It was a bit dark when we rode the boat and I was hoping for it to clear so we can enjoy our trip. Boat ride is 1000 plus 40/head for the environmental fee.








We went from One Island to the next and were seeing big rock islands. The sun was up so we were able to enjoy it. It felt like El Nido would look like this although I haven't really been there. We swam and lounge around enjoying the place. The water is clean no itchy feeling. I don't know how long we island hop but this is one of the destinations that we really should see. The place can be reached by car. You will appreciate the beauty of our country and would be conscious about loving the environment. 




View from the top.

Some of the hundreds











Estimated Expense for 6 people: 

Hotel is 2000 - 2500
Boat is 1000
Environmental fee 240
NLEX 218x2  = 436
SCTEX 272x2  = 544
TPLEX  164x2 = 328
Food 3000
Gas 1800
TOTAL  = 9848 (6 PEOPLE)

Will I recommend Hundred Islands yes!! The hotel? For those who aren't picky I would. Will I go back? To hundred Islands, YES!!!


**Pictures were taken from my Dad's China phone so the resolution is not good.***

No comments:

Post a Comment