Friday, April 24, 2015

Dinadiawan beach the road less traveled in Aurora

If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.


Aurora became a popular destination because of Baler and its all year surfing conditions. It's also accessible from Manila so a lot of local tourist goes there but unknown to many there is a hidden gem called Dinadiawan in Dipaculao which is just an hour away. Just be prepared for the twists and turns, ups and downs because we will be driving on Sierra Madre.

Road to paradise

Ampere Beach Dipaculao


Early Roadtrip


This is my third time to Aurora. I think this is going to be a birthday ritual since we went to Baler for the past 2 years it's just that this time we will go further.

BioBreak


I checked Dipaculao last year because my bday trip fell on a Holy Week and was scared of trafficgeddon and accommodation issues. I was hesitant as I don't see blog post about it last year and I wasn't sure if it can be traveled by car. I got a place in Baler so I said this is going to be a part of my bucket. Then this year my Kuya wants to go here. Looks like I can mark this off my bucket list.

We were supposed to go Thurs morning but Papa was ill. They went to the hospital Wed afternoon. I knew our trip will be postponed. But he felt better. We couldn't leave without him. We drove to Aurora by 4am. By 7am we had bfast somewhere in Nueva Ecija which is like the worst breakfast ever but I was hungry, still we didn't finish our meal.

My lugaw is better

The roads to Baler are better compared to last year. There are only a few unpaved roads. We got to Baler by 11am. A few strolls but it started to rain so we drove to Dipaculao.



They have a Baler signage now that everyone takes a pic




Waiting for our turn


The scenery to Dipaculao is better, mountains and trees and a view of the sea at times. The road is 100% paved it's just that it's all zigzag just like Kennon Road x 10.

Sample of the road


We checked a few resorts. La Sunshine is our first stop it looks really nice but they don't have a slot because they have a team building activity. They don't have a restaurant too but there are eateries near the resort per management so we went ahead to Dinadiawan Agri.

View at La Sunshine

Another Resort we checked I forgot the name but no available rooms




Dinadiawan Agri rooms









The room we got 4700 for 10 people and you can order a meal 500 per dish. What we noticed here is you have to bring your own food to cook. If we will be having 500/dish we might spend 1500 per meal which is so expensive. The place is nice it's not exploited compare to other beaches, the water is calm and clear. The sand is not that white but the view of the mountains plus sea is perfect.
Clear waters

More swim pics


Calm waters that we can leave him floating

Mountain meets sea

A portion where you can take pics.
My baby Niece.


The kids enjoyed swimming. For dinner Slim and my Brother went to the market they were able to buy Blue Marlin 1kilo for 180, kaldero and uling for cooking. Our neighbour tourists were kind enough to lend us salt and even gave us eggplant for dinner.

Chilling by the beach






The next day my brother decided to go to Cagayan to visit Palaui Island. We were having issues with the map as Smart has no signal. Looking at the map it looks near just 4 hour travel but our neighbour who is from Isabela advised us that it is not for a Sedan car there is a short path which is unpaved and you will be passing through a river. So we decided to go back to Cabanatuan then take the Tuguegarao Route to Cagayan. I was excited because I wanted go to Palaui Island.



Drive would be short if we drive via Maddela - Quirino Route but our car won't survive.

My Parent enjoyed the place




Breakdown of Expenses (Some of this I will divide by 3 since Kuya, Mama and I are splitting the bills)

GAS = 1350
Toll Nlex Min Ave. = 45
        Nlex Dau = 173
        Sctex = 89
Accommodation 4700 for 10 split to 3 = 1567
Bfast Day 1 = 300
Lunch = 700
Dinner = 500
Bfast Day 2 = 500


Total Expense we spent for Day 1 = 3567
Total spent for 3 persons. (SLIM, Nanay and I)

* * Approximately 13k for 9 adults and 3 kids with 2 cars * *


6 comments:

  1. Hi, my wife and I are planning on going to Baler as well. This article is very helpful, thanks! I've a question though, we're very interested in spending some time in Dinadiawan. My worry is will a sedan car be able to navigate the roads going to Dinadiawan? Hope you can enlighten us. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The road from Baler to Dinadiawan is well paved its better than in Nueva Ecija. Manila to Baler though has rough roads but a sedan car can manage. We were driving a Toyota Vios when we visited. Dinadiawan is amazing! Just prepare yourself to twist and turns because its really a zigzag road.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to ask are you coming from Manila?

      Delete
  2. Hello there! We'll be having our team building this coming October. I would like to ask if there's any jetski rental around the place? I hope to hear from you soon! Nice blog anyway! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I apologize I haven't blogged for months I hope you had fun at your team building but to answer your question... I don't remember seeing any jet ski rentals in Dinadiawan. So I'm not sure if there's any but if your trip pushed through tell me if there is any thanks! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging..
    places to visit in dubai

    ReplyDelete