Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hidden Cafe in Novaliches - Corretto Cafe

If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.


I'm taking a break from writing our long drive in Luzon and writing this unlikely posh cafe in Novaliches.


I've live my entire life here ( 28 years as of today ) and never have I thought that there is a cafe here that is not in Fairview. When someone says Novaliches I think of public markets, wet market, street foods but as they say awesome places to visit are hidden. So how did I discovered this? I saw a blog post about this By The fat kid inside. I was excited when I read it. I told myself I have to try this soon. I feel like me living my whole life won't be complete without eating here. Hindi ka-tiga-Nova-pag-hindi-mo-to-alam feeling. So one weekend I ask Slim to eat lunch there. In Corretto Cafe, google maps says it's in San Bartolome.

Waze guided us to the place. We headed to Mindanao Avenue and took the back door route Fx drivers are familiar or SB ROAD that commuters pass by when its traffic in Quirino Ave.

The place is easy to find. When we got here there were only 2 people. The cafe is quiet and small but there is a lot of space to slouch.





We ordered Baked Mac, Linguini Marinara in Red Sauce, Chicken Vegetable Soup, Cottage Pie and Hot chocolate. I didn't order any desserts I felt like I won't finish this.


Linguini Marinara in Red Sauce
Baked Mac

Cottage Pie
Chicken Soup
Hot Chocolate

Slim loved the pasta; he said he felt like eating at City of dreams again. The sauce is so rich and tasty he says. I on the other hand didn't like the Baked Mac maybe it's because the pasta wasn't cook that much. I like the soup it felt good in my tummy. The Cottage Pie is baked mash potato with bacon bits that is good with the bread. I didn't finish this because I was too full from the soup. I forgot the exact price but each meal is under 200php. 

The hot chocolate is just right as a dessert.










Will I go back? Yes.
Starbucks is too crowded nowadays and if you want to have a good talk that is quiet while having coffee I recommend this place or if you want a me time with a good book that is near NOVA I'd definitely go here. Our route home is via Bayan and in 5 minutes we are in Buenamar Subd.


Ligaya








No comments:

Post a Comment