Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Traveling Smart to Matabungkay, Batangas Quick Getaway from Manila

If You Enjoyed This Post Please Take 5 Seconds To Share It.


What's good about traveling by car is spontaneity. The car serves as our ticket to any place we want. We attended the 5am mass and decided where to go after mass. I just want a simple weekend getaway, I suggested Pansol because of the proximity and if we rented a pool, it's just us. We have several trips to Pansol last year as it was our quick weekend getaway. My brother just spent the holy week at Magalawa Island but for some reason he wanted to go to Calatagan. I was hesitant because the volume of people going to Manila might make our commute longer. But I was itching to go out.

Easter Mass


Because this is a spontaneous trip they don't have packed items so we decided to have breakfast in SLEX while they pack and then decide where. We were ready; another plus for traveling by car is you can bring a lot of things. I am not a light packer I always pack a lot. I feel empty or feel robbed if I am missing something. I remember having a spontaneous trip with my parents back in college. After mass they ask me and my sister where we want to go and I jokingly said Baguio. My Dad might be in a good mood at that moment and agreed. So after breakfast we drove to Baguio. We bought clothes and toiletries there. It was so exciting.

The travel is short it took us 45 minutes from UP Diliman.
By 10 we are on our way. (We waited so longggg.)


They left the kulits with us


Instead of Tagaytay - Nasugbu Route exit Sta. Rosa which is faster. We exit Sto. Tomas to Star Tollway, we are avoiding the Tagaytay traffic. By 12 we had Bulalo at Jorjhanes.




We decided to stop at the first Bulalohan we can find even if it's a Carinderia or Kubo. We are tired of eating McDonald's or Jollibee and guess what? They have been featured on Rated K as one of the best bulalohan in Batangas. And of course we are traveling smart now by picking affordable restaurants.

Guess what?



We spent 1100 for our lunch; 8 adults, 2 kids and a baby. My niece is not a picky eater she eats a lot so maybe it's safe to safe 9 adults haha. I would recommend this place for the food is good, place is clean and spacious and the price is affordable.








By 1 pm we were passed by Villa Angelina , Calatagan we decided to check it.



It really looks decent, like a mansion. This place looks like it has 4 floors. Spacious rooms but the bathroom is dirty my Dad says. We didn't like the beach because it looks rocky and swampy. Per the caretaker all the beaches in Calatagan is like this because its low tide.












Our target resort is Ronco; I've seen that in Trip Advisor and the reviews are not nice but sometimes you have to see yourself. I just stayed in the car when we got there. It was too hot outside and by the looks of it the reviews seems right. Per Mama the place is dirty. I was thinking maybe because its Easter, the guest just left. So we drove to Lian.

We were here last year because of Mom's birthday. I had fun and experienced snorkelling for the first time.

Taken Last year the rooms where we stayed



The rates are still the same 3500 for 2 adults plus 700 for extra heads we got a 10% discount. I really like the room because we do not need extra pillows, pillows is a lot even for 5 persons. The room is enough for us and the bathroom is nice with soap and shampoo.
The resort


My nephew enjoying the Jacuzzi












We had dinner outside the resort. The restaurant food is delicious but from last year's experience it is expensive. We ate once then we rented a balsa. The balsa is 700 overnight but today they are charging higher. It could have been more relaxing when you are eating on the beach but I think they are abusing the season and charging at 2000.


We check the stalls beside the beaches. Its really crowded and has a Station 2 Boracay vibe but no restaurants. They are cottages for rent, we check the roads and found a Carinderia.



What we did not like about this is they are over charging tourists. We overheard them charge different to locals. In my opinion you can take advantage of the season but you have to be fair. If you want customers going back you have to treat them all the same. Anyway we came back for breakfast and we are not sure if it is still fair. Hotel guests were also eating there. It's still cheaper compared to the resort and in fairness it's not too bad it's actually good.




We rented a small boat to the snorkelling site and all of us went snorkelling. I'm not a swimmer and I am actually afraid of fishes. I enjoyed the first time I went snorkeling but this time I didn't. I have been getting paranoid thoughts of getting bitten by the fish so I went back to the boat.

Waiting for our ride

Mj love the sea breeze

Papa and the fishes

Slim

Our swimmers are brave to swim without the life vest




Then I got envious and went back again but overheard that there is a sea snake. My niece and sister looked around wanted to see it and I panicking didn't know how to get back on the boat but I did, better go back than get bitten.





We paid 1k for the boat ride plus snorkel gear for all of us and life vest. I haven't seen corals much but I think it looks better than our visit now.

After our trip we pack-up and decided to have lunch in Tagaytay. We wanted to try Bulalo Point for the good reviews. Our trip from Lian to Tagaytay is just an hour. We got to Bulalo Point and the place looks nice. I have read blog raves and wanted to try myself. It was okay, an ordinary Bulalo. I think Bulalo Fiesta is better. They serve it in palayok but small servings. Tawilis is nice but small, we tried an over looking resto last year and  like it better than Bulalo point.



The space is big and the weather is nice






After our meal we headed home.






No comments:

Post a Comment